Here are a few things you may or may not want to know:
- My name’s Michelle. Some people call me Meppy (Meps, the Mepster, and assorted variations). Others call me Chelle (Shellington, Shelbert, and assorted variations). Take your pick!
- I’m in my twenties, but I don’t intend to grow up. Ever. (Like a Lost Boy, namely this one.)
- I moved to Hull, England in September 2010 to get a Masters in Modern Slavery Studies. I graduated in January 2012 and felt like God wanted me to stay, and what God wants always turns out better than what I want, so I stayed.
- When I started this blog, I really loved to wear long sleeves and Chuck Taylor All Stars – lo-top, straight-laced. [Hence the name of the blog.] But now that I live where it’s cold, I’m most happy if I can leave the house in a sleeveless dress. That’ll change again as soon as I move somewhere hot.
- What’s this blog about? you ask. My life. My journeys to/in/around England. Efforts in abolition. Music. Photography. Et cetera.
- And most importantly, I love Jesus. He’s the reason I am who I am.
Also, most photos on the blog were taken by yours truly, unless a) I’m in them or b) otherwise noted or c) they’re of celebrities! Enjoy!
And just in case that wasn’t enough, you can find out more here.